A National Level Fashion Photography Competition
Selected entries will be displayed at the event.
Theme: Celebrating Timelessness
The photograph must depict the timelessness of Fashion and reviving Ahmedabad as the ‘Manchester of India’ through their photography, use of materials and/or motif choice.
- School or college students (age 15 and above)
- Professionals and design practitioners
Size of poster should be A3 (11.7 x 16.5 in) in portrait orientation.
- The format of submission is PDF or TIFF.
- Resolution at 300 ppi
- The Raw images must be sent along with the final poster.
- A concept note must be sent along with the poster (MAX 250 characters) either in English or Hindi.
- A statement of Originality must be sent along with it.
- Entries have to be sent to email@example.com
- The subject of the mail should be: ADF - ENTRY FOR Threading Light.
The Participant must send
- Full Name
- Address for communication
- Contact number
- Title of their work
- The photo must be taken during the year 2018.
- No digitally altered work will be accepted.
-The last date of submission is 15th December, 2018.
-Team participants will be limited to a maximum of 3 members
* Each participant can ONLY submit one entry.
Shortlisting of entries
- All entries will be uploaded and put up for online voting on ADF Facebook Page.
- Top 100 voted entries will be shortlisted.
- 25 of the 100 voted entries will be selected by a jury panel and displayed at the Design Walkway, Gallery at the venue.
- Top 3 entries from each category will be rewarded by the jury panel during the event.
The Jury will consist of renowned Designers who will judge the entries on the basis of creativity, content and the elements used.
Saurabh Dua is a fashion and advertising photographer of great renown, having worked for many brands like L.V, Dior and GQ. Saurabh is centred in New Delhi but shuffles between Mumbai and other international locations. His clientele include industry big shots like Marks & Spencer, Adidas and Samsung to name a few. Providing them with key solutions like Location and Model scouting, Coordination and production.
Parmanand Dalwadi was born in Gujarat, graduated in Fine Arts from M.S University and completed his post graduate studies in Visual Communication from NID, following so he held a tenure at NID, where he held several posts and was involved in various national and international exhibitions. During his tenure he was trained by Prof. Christine Staub and was the recipient of the Ford Foundation scholarships to study photography in Europe. He has several accolades to his name like the Life Time Achievements Award for creative photography, the Gujarat Lalit Kala Photo artist of the year (2002/3) and the Chennai Academy for recognition in Industrial Photographer.
Ankit Mavchi dwells in the curious dimension between street and life photography, building an approach towards creating life out of still objects using elements of compositions, and creating people and people less portraits using emotions and fine art elements, which are naturally available in the surroundings. Ankit Mavchi is mechanical engineer and a self taught photographer.